Short Piece - 'Monarch of Light'

 

Monarch of Light By Karla Yesenia Lopez 

_______________________________________________________


A shadow appeared at the narrow end of the spine-chilling alleyway on Friday night.

In the dark and mysterious path, the shadow sank comfortably to the bottom of the alleyway.

Despite the opacity of the silhouette, the individual radiated with sunlight. 

As my neurons advised me to walk away, the smallest beam of light attracted me to the far end shadow.

The boisterous inner child was guiding me to the peculiar object. 

Fueled by curiosity, I proceeded to the unexpected. 

Melting into the darkness, I molded quickly to the deep end. 

The absence of light was the backend of the repressed luminescence.

Emotionally driven, the foundation of existence unraveled. 

Comments

Popular Posts